Voting

Monday, April 9, 2012

Out of the mouth of babes

Both Belle and Boo have always amazed me with their advanced speech and vast vocabulary. We never really used 'baby talk' at home and teach them the proper names for everything.
For example last year around her second birthday Boo asked if we were going to the drycleaners that day, probably not a word in most 2 year old's vocabulary.

Lately Belle has been coming up with some pretty funny things and I wanted to share them with you:

*while we were brushing the girls' teeth I asked them to bite their teeth together so I could brush their front teeth and Belle sais "M. you have really crooked teeth" [while I do have an overbite, they're not crooked]

*talking about jobs and going to university she asked me why I didn't go to university. I told her I chose to be a nanny to look after little boys and girls like her, while their mummies and daddies are at work. She thought for a second and then asked "M. when are you going to get a real job?"

Both girls also insist that I am pregnant, which I am not. Let's just hope they don't say anything like that to their parents ;-)
Maybe this means I need to work on my chocolate addiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment