Voting

Monday, July 11, 2011

Veganomicon Quinoa Salad with mango and black beans




Ok, I admit this post hasn't got anything to do with nannying because even though this salad is super colourful and delicious, my 2 lovely charges aren't getting a single bite-ful of it...it's all MINE.
I'm sure Belle would give it a taste if I asked her to, but the crunchyness of the quinoa might not be up to her liking.

I was first introduced to this salad by one of my ex-bosses when I went to visit them last summer.
It's super easy to make(especially if you cheat like me) healthy, delicious and just screams 'summertime' and cook-outs to me.

I'm not sure where I stand legally on posting a recipe from a cookbook, so I'm just going to link to another blog where you can find out how to make it. Cheeky, I know.

Recipe on 'cooking for the other half'

I substituted the rapseed oil with 2 tablespoons of orange juice as that's what I had seen on another website and it was a good way for me to save some calories.
My 'cheat' was using ready cooked Quinoa by Merchant Gourmet
I also didn't measure the spring onions or coriander/cilantro, just used a bunch each.

Veganomicon Cookbook on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment